Thursday, January 11, 2007

The story of the Spread Called Dip

Today mom and I were making some shrimp dip. You did notice its called dip,right? Well, as mom was throwing stuff in the bowl mixing everything together I remembered we didn't have any big shrimp to dip in it. So, while I was thinking this and mom was mixing, I was also opening the can of "tiny shrimp". (Also known to me as midget shrimp) I asked mom "How are you supposed to dip these in there?"(while waving the tiny shrimp around to make my point) and, of course, with one quick crazy look at me she started laughing! As soon as I found out you don't dip shrimp in shrimp dip but, rather, you spread it on crackers or something.

Still, I think it ought to be called shrimp spread since you spread it you don't dip it. It just makes sense to me that way I guess.

1 comment:

Her said...

I agree Taeler. It should be called spread. :)